We’re all abuzz.

By | Posted April 20th, 2011

We’re happy to announce the arrival of our data service as well as our first data phone

Now Public Mobile customers can enjoy unlimited email for $5/mo with the new BUZZ™ device. BUZZ is an affordable and – if we do say so ourselves – stylish data-capable wireless phone with a full QWERTY keyboard for easy texting and emailing. No contracts. No activation fees.

It’s unlimited email at an unbeatable price. Yet another way that Public Mobile is bringing real unlimited alternatives to more Canadians.

For more info about the Buzz, click here.

For more info about the $5 unlimited email feature, click here.

BUZZ

Share Button

118 Comments

1. John F says:

Oliver H and Garneac:

the Buzz is supposed to update automatically, however there have been a few instances where some phones are not.

To resolve this:

- while phone is on, pull battery out
    - with battery out, hold down power button for 10 seconds
    - put battery back in
    - power on phone
    - dial *228 and your call button (green button to make calls).

That should resolve it anyways. Also, it is suggested that you call customer care and let them know your phone did not update. I think this is so they can report it to their network team so that next time DST comes along you won’t run into the same issue

2. John says:

Thanks mine was one that didn’t update and your fix worked fine. John Mississauga

3. Garneac says:

You’ve been real good about handling the issues, John F, much thanks — but I’ve got yet another problem: the Buzz won’t play any pre-installed/custom alarm tones. Also, it doesn’t matter what profile I set it to, still nothing — well, there is this tiny clicking sound that you really have to paying attention to in order to catch when the alarm goes off, but that’s it. Setting the phone to vibration will make it vibrate when the alarm rings, but that’s it. I’m pretty sure I was able to set the phone to silent but still wake up to either pre-installed or custom tunes, or was I making that up?

Any suggestions?

Best,

Garneac

4. Garneac says:

Success! I tried the *228 bit and after the reset everything is working fine again (although now I’ve no excuse to be late for class tomorrow).

–Garneac

5. John F says:

Garneac: No problem on helping out. Just a customer helping another

For your alarm problem…I’m just going to run down the steps that I use when I set my alarm.

before doing anything to the alarm, make sure that using the volume button on the right hand side of the phone that you set it to max.

1) Menu
    2) Tools and Games
    3) Tools
    4) Alarm
    5) Highlight Alarm 1 (or whichever you are on)
    6) Hit the = to choose Edit
    7) Choose your alarm ring
    8) Repeat Alarm choice
    9) set time
    10) hit = to Save

Using those steps my alarm seems to work fine. If it doesn’t on your phone, it is possible that programming in the phone for the alarm is wrong. Maybe take to store for replacement?

6. John F says:

also…that was not supposed to be a “cool” smiley lol…that was supposed to be 8 followed by )

7. Harsh says:

It doesn’t install the driver on my computer. I want to put some songs on it. Help!
    I tried Bluetooth sync too, but the “folder access” from My Computer doesn’t pop up.

8. John F says:

Harsh:

1) Insert memory card into phone (does NOT come with phone. Needs to be purchased)
    2) go into phone setting and turn phone on to USB DISK MODE
    3) plug in phone and good to go

9. Rebecca says:

Does the buzz phone come in other colours ?
    If so what other colours does it come in ???
    Rebecca, Oshawa, Ontriao.

10. david says:

@ Rebecca – the Buzz only comes in the one colour – black. We do sell cases in a selection of colours and will help protect your phone from everyday wear and tear

11. ky says:

where do you put the memory card?

12. LOL says:

@ ky
    Its behind the battery

13. Justin says:

Can you buy a longer lasting battery for this phone

14. [...] that eligible for RM200 rebate: Alcatel 993D, Alcatel OneTouch Glory 2, Alcatel OneTouch Inspire 2, The Buzz Phone (pdf), HTC Wildfire, Huawei Ideos X3, LG Optimus L3, Ninetology Black Pearl II, Ninetology Palette, [...]

15. Sherry says:

Hi I just got the Buzz todaya nd there doesn’t seem to be any way to change the ring tone? The default one is pretty bad, how do I change it? I’ve looked through the phone to find the option and it’s just not there from what I can see. Thanks!

16. david says:

Hi Sherry – here are instructions to change the ring tone:

1. Under Profiles menu, select the profile user want to use between – Normal, Loud, Vibrate, Silent, Airplane Mode.
    2. Once the Profile is selected, it gives an option to Activate and Personalize.
    3. By selecting Personalize, user will get a menu in which Ringtone is an option
    4. Select Ringtone to change it.

Hope this helps – let us know if you have more questions.

17. joy says:

cannot remember my password. :( how do i do a hard reset, help…..

18. Public Mobile says:

Hi Joy, if you try to unlock the phone 10 times with the wrong password it will ask for the Google account information of the account that was used to activate the phone. If you do not have that information as well, you will need to go to a Public Mobile store and have it factory reset. Let us know if you have any more questions!